5.14.2013

city eats

That's one big Burrito Enchilado!
While Cassie was here we ate and then we ate, and then we ate some more. All the places we went to were super delicious, decently priced, and all over the map. One of the things I'd been looking forward to when I moved here was exploring different cuisine so not only was the weekend awesome but getting to try new restaurants made it that much better. So I figured I'd share the new wealth with all of you! Let me know if you've tried any of these and how you feel about them! And if you have any suggestions for other awesome spots, I'm all ears!


Carmine's; Times Square- Family Style Italian. Need I say more? The portions are huge and the atmosphere makes you feel like you're in your own home.....with about 100 of your family members.  The penne a la vodka is superb.

Pizza Suprema; Chelsea- You want to eat the best pizza in NYC? Well head towards Madison Square Garden and kiddie corner to that you'll find this hole in the wall pizza place. It's been owned by the same family for 45 years which makes it pretty legit in my book. Let me suggest the White slice.

Nomad; East Village- I actually found this spot through a Groupon deal that I didn't end up getting to buy but the menu looked so good we just had to go anyway. The cuisine is North African and the decor certainly matches. We shared all our food (3 appetizers, 1 entree, and dessert) and had a really great experience.  The hummus was perfect and the seafood cous cous was excellent.

Mole; Upper East Side- How else would we celebrate Cinco de Mayo than having some super large portions of Mexican food(the proof is in the picture!) The place was really crowded but it was worth the wait for the delicious food that followed. Oh, and that burrito was SO good for breakfast a couple days later, no shame in my game!!! 

3 of Cups; East Village- Of course we had to go here! It's our most favorite place so obviously we had to take my sister! It was just a glorious as ever.

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment