7.22.2013

new tunes

A coworker of mine happens to have a very eclectic ear for music which he brings to work with him regularly. Sometimes I can't do anything but scratch my head at the albums he chooses for us all to listen to. Other times I can't seem to get enough of whatever he's got playing. Most recently he's introduced me to Mayer Hawthorne. The first time I heard him I remember asking "Is this Pharrell?" His voice is silky smooth and you can hear the influences of artists like Smokey Robinson and Curtis Mayfield in his music. So obviously, I'm loving it.
This song is from his new EP, Where Does This Door Go. The album has a more modern feel from his older music so I figured I share some of that too!
All his videos are pretty unique as well, which I can appreciate.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment