4.04.2011

I'm choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I'm making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.

...this is just one of my favorite quotes from the latest book I read; Eat. Pray. Love. I haven't seen the movie yet so I was excited to read the book first. Now, I started reading this book when I finished the Potato Peel Pie book...which was quite a while ago. It's not a particularly hard read, in fact, I quite enjoyed it's pace. But I still found myself being a little frustrating with my speed, or lack there of, in reading this book. Life clearly had a reason for this. {silly life} Over the past month or so it was as if I was reading the exact parts of the book that I needed to read at that very moment. And of course I didn't realize this until after I finished it today.
As far as my recommendation goes, I can't praise this book enough. I wasn't really in need of inspiration when I started reading it, but still found myself being uplifted by so many parts of it. My copy is officially dog-eared a few times over. And while the author is a woman (Elizabeth Gilbert) it's not an overly girly book. It really speaks to anyone who has felt lost, lonely, or in need of some guidance. It doesn't throw religion on the reader either, which I liked. She writes about what worked for her and recognizes that there are many ways to finding oneself.
I'm sooo glad I read this book when I did and I hope the movie won't be a huge disappointment (I'm talking to YOU Julia Roberts). I highly suggest it to anyone looking for a great read. Whether your in a good or bad place there is some really great stuff in this book. And if nothing else, maybe it will inspire you to look into traveling more or even learning a new language!

ciao bellas!

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this book too. Fantastic choice, Miss Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete