12.23.2012

Christmas Spirit

I'm having some trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this year. As it turns out I am scheduled to work on Christmas Eve so making it home for the holidays isn't in the cards for me. While this isn't my first Christmas away from my family it seems to be a little more sad than last time. Last time I had been living away from my family for almost 5 years already. I was used to only going home for a couple weeks at a time from being in college. This time I've only been away for almost a month.  To make things a little harder, my roommate was able to go home. Obviously I'm glad that she gets to spend the time with her family, there's no reason why she shouldn't. But being alone on Christmas is definitely going to be strange. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big girl, I know I'll be just fine. And I don't want to sound whiney or anything. Like I said, the whole situation just makes it difficult to feel festive. I did buy some egg nog though, so that's a plus of course. And Karli did buy an adorable Christmas tree, living and all! Overall, it makes me appreciate the years I have spent with my family and I look forward to future holidays with them.

On another bummed note, since my sewing machine didn't get to make the trip to NYC (yet), I didn't get the chance to make the family Christmas pants this year! A fact that I think I'm more bummed out about than they are. I did however buy the fabric for them so I guess that saves me some time for next year!

And the icing on the cake? There's IS NO icing on the cake here. No snow! Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan a snow, but Christmas isn't Christmas without some snow. And it hasn't snowed here once. Not gonna lie, it freaks me out a little bit. I'm still in NY aren't I? 

So while this won't be my ideal Christmas the good thing is, it's only one of many I have had and will have. And on that note, I think it's time for some nog and maybe a Christmas flick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment