1.16.2013

in my ear lately

I've been on a bit of a music binge lately. I was starting to feel like my television was on for too long while I'm at home and subway rides needed a little more something to make them more enjoyable. So being the cool kid that I am, I dug out my iPod nano (that's right) and started looking up new albums that I've been wanting to listen to. Thank you Spotify.
Here's the list of albums I've come to really love:

Gary Clark Jr.- Blak and Blu
Delta Rae- Carry The Fire
Mumford & Sons- Babel
Alex Clare- The Lateness of the Hour
Phillip Phillips- The World From the Side of the Moon
Bruno Mars- Unorthodox Jukebox
The Lumineers- The Lumineers

A couple curve balls in there I know, but I'm enjoying to eclectic nature of having them randomly play on my iPod. It keeps me guessing and covers every range of my moods. Plus I enjoy that the artists are all actually talented. I can't help but feel like there's a push in the music industry for real artists who make real music. Artists who play their own instruments and write their own lyrics and actually sing their songs live. Don't get me wrong, I do find myself musically entertained by the top 40 still (they can be so damn catchy!!), but listening to these songs makes me feel good on so manner deeper levels than tapping my foot along to the beat. They speak to me. And I really like it. 

If you're reading this and thought to yourseld "oh man! Sarah would really like "this album" too!" By all means suggest it! I love nothing more than swapping great ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely some good ones up there. I can't personally speak for the whole album but I've heard great things about the Of Monsters and Men album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the suggestion!!! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete