2.20.2013

NYC brunch

Last Sunday I was fortunate to get another day off! Due to this glorious fact my roommate and I planned to have our first NYC brunch with a friend of ours. When our friend told us she wouldn't be able to make it we were pretty bummed and after some deliberation decided that the show must go on! And were we ever glad it did! We had originally planned to go to a restaurant called 3 of Cups and decided that we still would. I had checked out the menu online already and knew it was meant to be!
I can't even begin to express how marvelous the experience was. The restaurant is Italian so the inside is all exposed brick and dark wood and beautiful-ness. I was already in love. We were seated at a quaint table for 2 and had the whole area to ourselves.
**Side Note: It's so nice to know that I can live with my best friend, go out to brunch with my best friend, and still have a million things to talk about.**

Upon sitting we ordered the usual brunch refreshments, Mimosas and Bloody Marys! Which, by the way, were complimentary with out brunch entrees! I was in heaven obviously. 

And then there was the food. Words can not express.
My roommate ordered the Polenta d'Amore: Poached eggs served on soft polenta with sauteed peppers, onions, and Italian sausage.

I snagged a bite of this deliciousness and wow. It was so savory and comforting. It was a perfect choice for the cold weather we've been having.









I ordered the Benedict alla Tre Di Cuppa: Poached eggs served on grilled foccacia with prosciutto and roasted red pepper hollandaise sauce.

I had seen this dish when I looked at the menu online and my mind was set. I knew I had to have this in my belly. And I'm so glad I did. Every bite was better than the first and I never wanted it to end. Seriously. The hollandaise was so yummy and the prosciutto so thin and the perfect saltiness. I made sure to eat the potatoes first so I could enjoy every bit of the eggs.


Seconds later this was the result.


Three mimosas and a bloody mary later and we were the happiest girls in NYC. Every time our waiter came over to check on us we were too busy ooohing and aaaahing to reply with actual words. We told him (Nathan) that we would definitely be back again and that he should expect us. I hope he's as excited as we are for that! I may even get the same meal again! I loved it that much. Did i mention the meal with 2 mimosas was only $15 and some change?? I could definitely get used to this brunch thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment