2.14.2013

this day

By some fate I happened to get this day of Valentine off from both of my jobs. No work at all for me today. It's my first day off in 19days and today just happens to also be Valentine's day. A strange coincidence? I'm not sure. So now the question is...What the heck am I going to do today??

Sure I could do the usual cynical thing, curse everyone who's in love, avoid the color red (I already avoid the color pink), stuff my face with chocolate, and sing "I Will Survive" in the shower. But I think I've come up with a better plan this year. Over the past few years I've always been working on this day and it's a great distraction from the idiocy of it all. But today, since I'll be alone with my thoughts for most of it, I've decided to turn it into a love myself day. I mean come on, I've been in a pretty committed relationship with me for almost 26 years now. That deserves a little celebration!

Don't get me wrong, there will still be the face stuffing with chocolate, which I've already kicked off with some chocolate shavings in my oatmeal, but I've decided that there will be no pity party here. I'm gonna do a little exercise, give myself a facial and pedi, watch some of my dvr'd shows, and do some reading; all things the make myself feel good on different levels. (I find it so important to feed every different side of oneself).   And by time my roommate gets home tonight, the bottle of Prosecco in the fridge may or may not be empty. Who knows!

All in all, I think today will go down as one of my top 5 Valentine's Day's. In the hustle and bustle that my life tends to be, I usually forget to take some care of myself, physically, mentally, and spiritually. Maybe this should be the new Valentine's Day for singles.

Love yourself day. Because if you can't love yourself there sure won't be anyone else to do it for you!

Happy Valentine's Day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment