6.28.2011

the itch

I've got the itch. The itch to get up and go. I can't help but feel like there is so much I'm missing by living at home and not pursuing my career right now.

Riverside Theatre, Vero Beach FL
I miss the theatre. The hustle and bustle of getting ready for opening night. The hard work that goes into making a show come together. Getting to know a group of people you've never met before and knowing that that combination will never be recreated.

I miss living in a place brimming with culture. With night life. A place with Saturday morning markets and hole-in-the-wall cafes. A place where there are tons of opportunities to do anything! New people to meet every day.

But I'm in a corner. My school loans keep me at home where I don't have to pay rent. At home where I have 3 jobs handed to me. At home, a place I told myself I would never get stuck in. And here I am, feeling as stuck as ever.

My only consolation is that hopefully a year from now I will be able to make some kind of move. For my career and for my sanity. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment