6.08.2012

blog envy

I find myself having a serious case of blog envy lately. As I scroll through the blogs I follow on bloglovin' I read new posts and catch up on what's going on in their lives, the usual, but lately I've also been exploring their blogs too. But my exploring comes with a feeling of longing. I love the way those blogs look and more importantly, feel. They are simple and personal and unique to that person.
Then I look at my own blog. And while I like the way mine looks, I don't like it nearly as much. It doesn't feel like me. Parts of it do but it doesn't feel like a very strong identity. And I don't know how to fix that. The last thing I want to do is steal someone elses look or ideas. I want it to be my own. I want it to feel like me.
So I guess I'm trying to say that things may be changing around here. And not just the look of things. I think the direction of this blog needs to become clearer. So far it's been a lot about my opinions and thoughts. Who cares? Should I care if anyone cares? I don't know. I have another blog as well that I've been neglecting lately (mostly because I haven't had a lot of time to craft therefore nothing much to write about). Should I combine the two? Having them separate allows me to express two sides of myself separately as well so maybe it would be more difficult to combine them. I guess I've got to figure it out.
And to my fellow bloggers and non-bloggers even, if you have any suggestions or advice I'd really appreciate it. What are your tricks and tips? What editing programs/sites do you like to use? I'm not the most technological so all help is welcome!

Thanks friends

No comments:

Post a Comment