6.04.2012

the next month

I can't believe it's already June. wth! It snuck up on me today when I was looking at Caden's school calendar to see then he would start summer break. As I found the date a voice in my head said "Hey, after June comes July". Now I know that seems fairly obvious but this July is going to be a little different from my past two.

just a couple of clowns
Starting July 1st I will no longer be a full time nanny. I'll still be part time to help out with chores and entertaining the kids so our mom-to-be can rest or get other things done easier. But I won't be there every day. It's scary just typing it. This is what I've known for almost 2 years now and the idea of not seeing these kids as often is really starting to affect me. Deep down I know it's my time to move on and get my life back on track, but boy am I going to miss them. {The tears are welling} I've watched them both grow up so much and Mikenna and I have become particularly close. We went to Pre-K this year and what a blessing that has been as well. Tomorrow is our last day and I'm really sad about it. I've come to know the other women in the class and really enjoy their opinions and input. It's as if this is my last month in high school again and everything is important to take in and remember forever. 

Beyond all these emotional feelings, this next month will have some big decisions in it as well. I still haven't heard from any theatres about a job which means Plan B will shortly be in affect. The biggest problem with that being.....I NEED to pick a place to move to. There are a few places on the table: NYC, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Charlotte and the front runners. All places where I have friends, all places with plenty of theatres. Decisions decisions. The thing that makes is somewhat difficult to choose is, I don't really know how to set them apart or rank them really. Sure some would be more expensive than others or seem more dangerous but I don't want those to be factors in my choice. So I guess I need to figure out what DOES factor into making my choice. Maybe that will be what June is for. Deciding what it is that I'm looking for in a location. Figuring out which place will best fit me and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment