9.13.2011

weddings

It's that time of life. I look around and it seems as though every one of my friends is engaged and getting married. It's a pretty crazy time and I couldn't be happier for them. Especially my friends/room mates from college. They are some of the sweetest gals I know and it was so nice to see their relationships start and then flourish into marriages.
That being said, I can't help but feel a sadness when my only window into their special day is through facebook. In their pictures I see all of our friends, having laughs again, enjoying just being together.  It's like our time in college all over again. Only this time I got left out. I've met the guys, swooned over the rings, talked wedding details, and still I'm left out.
I don't mean to sound like a selfish whiner and I'm not looking for any sort of apology. I would be more than understanding of their reasoning behind it. I guess most of my feeling this way has more to do with the fact that I clearly thought we were closer than we really are. It's not a happy feeling regardless. It kinda makes me wonder how many other friends of mine I'm not as close to.

I think I just needed to get that off my chest.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! I went through it with those that I went to high school with about 5 years ago - it's hard to stomach. I will say putting together the guest list is not easy either, you question if you'd go to their wedding one day, would they travel, would they know anyone there, etc? In the end, I just chose to invite those that I wanted to celebrate the big day with regardless of the questions I had in the back of my head about them coming. I felt that it was really up to them to make that decision, not me!

    ReplyDelete