11.28.2011

weekend recap

What a great holiday weekend! Even though I worked for 2 days of it, I still felt like I was on vacation...a well needed vacation.

Lou and I
It began with a whole day off on Wednesday that I used to the utmost! I was able to work on some Christmas gifts, hit the gym, have dinner with my old men, and then hit the town with my friends. It's always a good time go out on Thanksgiving Eve because everyone is home and this tiny little town comes to life. It's kinda the only night worth going out all year. My friends and I were looking and feeling fly and we had a really fun night. Dancing and Drinks and Friends...what more could a girl ask for?! Needless to say it was a great way to kick off the long weekend.

a bunch of turkeys
Thanksgiving Day was wonderful. We did the annual travel to Rochester to spend the day at my uncles house and this year my aunt and uncle from Texas even joined us! It was great getting to see them all and smack talk over the Dolphins/Cowboys game (it was a tough loss). And of course Cassie was there so it was nice to spend some quality time with her. We barely left the couch we were perched on and I was totally fine with that.
Poppop and a sleepy Bri

Although Black Friday started with a 5 hour shift at work beginning at 5:45am, I didn't mind too much. It went my surprisingly fast with how busy we were. Afterwards my mom and I went on a movie date! She's a twilight fan, and while I'm not really, I figured it would be nice to take her to see the newest one. Plus it spared my step dad from having to sit through it (brooding vampire tween dramas aren't really his thing...weird). With the way my schedule has been lately it seems like I only really see my mom for the few moments that we're upstairs before I leave for work. So it was really nice to just have a movie day and split a package of twizzlers. It was a much needed date.

The happy couple!
Saturday started the say way Friday did...more work. Luckily it went by just as quickly so I wasn't terrible upset about it. Gotta make that money. The res of my day was spent celebrating with friends and family at a wedding. My 5th cousin Sam married a high school friend of mine, Sandy, so her brother Tim (whom I graduated with) invited me to be his date. And by invited I mean I may have made it fairly obvious that he should take me...cuz I'm tons of fun obviously. Anywho, the whole event was like a big family/high school reunion. My friends Nic and Alex were seated at the same table as me and it was soo much fun having them there! I feel like all too often life and work gets in the way of socializing so it was the perfect opportunity to catch up, reminisce, and have a silly ol' time. And since Tim lives in North Carolina, I rarely get to see him, so of course it was great getting to hangout and dance our faces off together. 
Sandy is one of the sweetest people in the world and Sam is equally wonderful so I felt so blessed to share their day with them. I wish them the happiest marriage ever!

That brings us to Sunday....and a lazy, lazy Sunday it was. To sum it up...football, naps, pizza, and wings. Pretty perfect if you ask me. Oh and I did clean my room...so that can't be a bad thing.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving weekend. It was exactly what the doctor ordered! Now it's back to reality, work, the grind. I can only hope that my next super awesome weekend won't take as long to arrive as this one did. I have a sneaky suspicion that it won't. :)

Hope everyone else had an awesome weekend too! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment