5.14.2012

let's be honest

Here's a subject that I've been thinking about lately....Baby Talk.

I think people, girls in particular, have forgotten how to use baby talk in it's proper form. It's simple really. The name says it all. BABY talk. If you aren't a BABY you shouldn't be talking like one! Like I said, simple.

Nothing drives me more insane that hearing a grown woman talking like a babbling idiot because she thinks it's cute to do so. It's not cute. You sound like an idiot. I guess it's one thing if you're actually talking to a baby, but even that's a stretch for me. When I talk to babies I imagine them feeling insulted if I try to talk like a baby at them. And how else will they learn how to speak correctly themselves??

I've found that there is one place in particular where the usage of such talking is above and beyond annoying...the workplace. It's like SERIOUSLY?? You're gonna be in a position of authority over me, expect me to respect you, and all the while talk to me like you just learned how to speak? If that's the case I'm going to assume that you just learned how to wipe your own butt too. It's just unacceptable.

Don't get me wrong, I know some people have speech impediments or do it goofing around now and then. But if you're going to go through your life saying things like "otay", "sowwy", and "pwease" on a regular basis you better not expect much from me other than some pretty nasty looks. You sound like a child so I'm going to go ahead and treat you as such. Plain and simple.

NOT sexy
And to the men of the world....do I even need to go there??  Come on.


Let's be honest, people who go about their lives speaking like this act like children and those that respond to it are as well. It's time to grow up, put on your big girl pants, and speak like an adult. Not a 2 year old.

1 comment: