3.04.2011

24

24 years ago a 24 year old woman went through 36 hours of labor to bring ME into the world. At the ripe age of 24 she was having her first child (crazy). I'm not the type to make a big deal out of my birthday. It's just another day really. But something about the fact that I'm now the same age that my mom was when she had me, strikes a chord. Maybe it's because the idea of being married, let alone having a child, right now is almost unfathomable. I can't imagine what my mothers life was like at that time. She was probably scared, tired, nervous, and happy all at once. What would my life be like if I were expecting a child RIGHT NOW? Again, crazy. On the same note, I'm only turning 24 today so WHO KNOWS what the next year will bring. I look forward to looking back at this post and seeing how my life has changed. Let's hope it's nothing too drastic.
I have to give my mom serious credit for making it out alive and sane. She is certainly going to be my go-to whenever I do have children. So I guess this is really a Thank You to my mom. Thank you for helping shape the person I am and being there for me every step of the way. I hope I didn't stress you out too much!  Here's to the next 24 years!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same thoughts about my birthday this year (though my Mom was 21 when she had my brother, though I can't really get prego)

    -Southern Comfort

    ReplyDelete