7.29.2011

fail.

I love having friends who are out in the world, doing what they love, living their dreams. I get such a feeling of pride and joy for them. I turn into a bit of a cheerleader, rooting them on, encouraging them.

But on the other side of the coin, having such accomplished friends only reminds me of the fact that I'm not out there in the world. Not doing what I love. Not living my dreams. And with that comes a slight sense of failure.

Yes I'm only 24 and yes I'm not the only one out there NOT using my degree. But that doesn't make me feel like I'm disappointing myself less.

Deep down, in my gut, I know my current situation is temporary. I won't be living with my parents forever. I will be working in a theatre again. I won't have to have 3 jobs.

But right now, in this moment, all I can feel is fail.

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth I think you're pretty awesome. You may not be doing theatre right now, but you are doing, and that's the important thing. You're not just wallowing in self-pity, living on Cheetos, X-Box, and your parents' generosity. You may not feel like you're on the path you desire, but at least you are moving forward...and at your stage in life simply keeping the momentum going can make all the difference. I have faith that your talent will lead you to someplace where you'll be happy, and creatively fulfilled. Patience, young one. Patience. :-)

    ReplyDelete