7.21.2011

a writer

A couple weeks ago a friend approached me about a job opportunity. Now you may be thinking "ok, so what?". Well this was a job like none other that I've been offered before. The position in question was as a writer.

Me? A writer? Sure I got good grades in English classes and sure I have a blog, but to be hired and payed to write?? I'd never considered such a thing. I've never considered myself to be a writer. So I was shocked to find out that someone else did!

The interview came and went and all went well. It turned out that my current schedule wouldn't work with what the company was looking for, but at the end of the day, just being thought of was more reward than I could have ever asked for. It was such a confidence boost. The whole circumstance made me stop and think about this blog/writing thing in a new light. In a light that included me in it.

And to my job offering friend, Thank You. You saw me in a way that I didn't and you'll never know how much you've truly done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment