1.04.2012

3 weekends of awesome

The past 3 weekends have been some of the best ever! I don't know how I got so fortunate. Not only did I have some stupendous people to spend this time with but we also shared some really wonderful experiences at the same time. It's pretty exciting when I'm too busy living life to write about it sometimes! So here they are, my 3 weekends of awesome:

Weekend 1: My guy friends from high school and I are all split down the middle in our love for our football teams. Half of us like the Buffalo Bills (obviously) and the other half of us like the Miami Dolphins (not as obvious). Needless to say it makes from some pretty heated competition and rivalry amongst us. And since the Bills and Dolphins are in the same division they play each other twice a year, once in Miami and once in Buffalo. Last year we all planned on going to the game in Buffalo but it happened to be the season opener so getting tickets just didn't happen for us. This year we were hell bent on making sure that we went to the game and WE DID! We caravaned up to Buffalo at 7:30 the morning of the game and spent the morning playing corn-hole and picking on Canadians and enjoying some adult beverages. Oh and freezing our asses off! But it was so worth it. And to top it off, the Dolphins won! Most importantly though it felt so great to hang out with my guys again. We don't all see each other too often what with jobs and girlfriends(theirs not mine lol) and life in general so it makes the times when we can be together that much better.

Weekend 2: Christmas!! Since I already wrote a post on the greatness that was Christmas I won't repeat it all again. Moral of the story, full of fun and relaxation and perfection. And obviously added to my string of weekends.

Weekend 3: Probably the most fun of all, though that may have something to do with the fact that it was 4 days long...New Years Eve! A couple of months ago my best friend and I were talking with another friend about wanting to visit our friends Tim and Josh in North Carolina. When the conversation turned to what our New Years plans were, my best friend had a light bulb moment-why don't we all go to NC FOR NYE! It was a perfect plan. We immediately texted our friends to let them know of our plan (they didn't have much of a choice). Fast forward to the Thursday before the NYE and we were off to the south. The next 4 days were indescribable. We slept all day and stayed up all night. We rode four-wheelers, line danced, cooked out, and wore matching argyle sweaters. There weren't any schedules or deadlines or alarms (well, except for Tim. workaholic). It was an honest to God vacation and an over-due one at that! I couldn't have asked for better weather and better people to spend time with! Especially the latter. Those 2 guys are some of my favorites and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

And now I'm going to bombard you with some great pictures as proof of the awesomeness!!!
the whole gang!

us gals

Dolphin Pride!

WOOOOOO!
Best Friends since 8th Grade!

me and the fellas!

Tim and I! 

Family Portrait!

Studs

Josh and Me!


























No comments:

Post a Comment