1.06.2012

a new year

resolution- the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.


As I started thinking about resolutions this year I had this overwhelming sense of....realism I guess. I wanted to make my resolutions realistic. Sure I could say that I'm gonna eat healthier, go to the gym everyday, become fluent in a language, and write a book, but I know myself. I know myself well enough to know that while those all sound great in theory, the likelihood of them actually getting entirely accomplished is slim. Really slim. So I wanted to make sure that the things I was committing myself to this year were actual and realistic goals to work toward. I also made sure that they were fulfilling to me personally, things that I've recognized in myself that I don't like and that I want to change. So, without further ado, here it is, my list of resolutions for 2012!

Spend more time on both my blogs. I tend to give this one more attention than my craft blog and I shouldn't play favorites with my children! 

Do more crafting/how-to's to add to said craft blog. There are so many new projects I want to try and learn.

Stop using the F word so often/at all. I used to hate the word but college turned me into a bit of a sailor. 

Call people more often. I've become too dependent on texting and chat and I find myself missing people's voices.

Keep reading. This was on from last year and I did a pretty alright job of it so I'd like to keep it going.
Be more optimistic. I find my sense of realism turning to pessimism sometimes and if there's one thing I can't stand, it's pessimism.

 Be more financially conscious. Another one stemming from last year. I find myself going through waves of being really diligent about it and then being totally careless. Not good. 


There you have it. I may come up with more as the year goes on but that's what great about resolutions, there's nothing that says that you can only start them on January 1st! Good stuff eh? 
I really look forward to coming back to this blog as the year goes on. I don't know that I've ever actually written down my resolutions so I think it will be a great way to keep myself accountable. And for those of you reading this, feel free to ask me about how they're coming along throughout the year. Nothing makes you stick to a decision like some accountability. Hopefully by next year I will be the person who is all these things and has a whole new list of things to better myself. 

So here's to 2012! I choose to believe that this year will be glorious and rewarding!! See, one resolution already in action! Cheers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment