1.03.2012

the holidays

What a whirlwind the last couple weeks have been. Between the Christmas Chaos and the New Year madness I'm ashamed to see my blogging got left behind. Needless to say I'm over flowing with post ideas so you'll have to bear with me. Let's start with Christmas

My Christmas was perfect. This year I was put in charge of decorating our tree...our tree that happened to be the biggest we've ever had at a staggering 7.5 feet! Obviously I needed a ladder, but it felt so good to do and really feel in the spirit. I had SO much more holiday spirit this year then I did last year. I ate too much and did lots of laying around but most importantly I was able to spend some great quality time with my family. My sister came home with her boyfriend for the long weekend, which is more time than she usually gets, and we had such a great time together. It just felt right having her around the house.
And the gifts!! I got some really great and thoughtful gifts this year. One of the most significant was a record player that my parents got me. My family knew that I had been wanting one since the summer time and for some reason hadn't gotten one yet. On Christmas Eve morning when I opened the large box that held it, I couldn't believe me eyes. I was so moved at the thoughtfulness of it that I even began to tear up a little. More important that having the player I was just grateful to have such a wonderful family who loves me that much.
Cassie had been wanting this for years!


The hats I made!

Family pajama pants!!

Blitzen and his Holiday Harem

Cousins!

too much festivity for these two


we aren't related or anything

So like I already said, Christmas was pretty perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment