1.28.2011

ain't life funny

My full time job is being a nanny for a local family. While I'm here during the day I take care of the kids as well as do light housework like laundry and dishes. This whole week I've been a cleaning machine for some reason; doing at least 3 loads of laundry a day and cleaning the floors and doing 2 loads of dishes some times. Yesterday it all started to get to me. I got a little annoyed with the fact that every day I was having to do the same exact things because overnight all my hard work was erased. I talked to my mom and vented about it a little bit just to get it out of my system. Afterwards I wasn't exactly at peace about it but I didn't feel so frustrated.
Today, while I was cleaning up from lunch, I got a text from the mother of the kids saying "Hey Sarah thx for all your help with the house lately! we really really appreciate it!" I immediately thought of how ironic it was that just yesterday I was venting about it and then today the mom thanked me. All my hard work was worth it for that text alone. I couldn't help but think about how funny life can be. How timing is everything. How when you're in that moment of total frustration it's so hard to look at the big picture and you never know what the next day will bring. And just because you don't think people notice your actions and efforts, doesn't mean they go unseen.

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF! It probably isn't worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment