1.25.2011

okay is alright with me

Since last April I've been technically single. Sure I've seen a few guys here and there but nothing substantial came out of it. For years, especially when I was a teenager, singledom was a terrible and lonely thing. I dreaded it. I dated the wrong guys and settled for less just so I didn't have to be a single person. But this time has been different. I'm single and it's okay. I'm okay. Sure sometimes I think it would be nice to have a significant person in my life, but I don't feel desperate to find one. I don't feel like I need someone.  I finally feel like being with someone does not define who I am or what I can do with my life. It's my life. I can do as I please and see where my life goes. It's empowering to feel good about it too. If I could rub some of my okay-ness on John Deere I would. It's okay to be single. It's not scary or terrible. It gives you the time to find things that you like to do, spend time with people who care about you, and nourish your relationship with yourself. While I'm sure that someday I'll meet someone wonderful, it's nice to not feel stressed or worried about it. It'll happen when it happens and until then, I'm going to enjoy my time and do me!

[side note: okay is alright with me is a wonderful song by Eric Hutchinson. you should probably check it out!]

No comments:

Post a Comment